Friday May 30, 2014
Do you have a home that you are hoping to sell quickly before you make your move? We want to help! Our team has gathered eight of our favorite tips for staging your home to sell it quick!
- Curb Appeal. The first thing someone will see when considering your home will be the exterior. When someone drives up to your home, do they say, “Wow” or, “Er, this needs some work”? Make sure you keep your lawn mowed and healthy, wash your windows, and plant some fresh greenery or flowers. If needed, you may want to power wash your walkways.
- De-Clutter. Buyers want homes with a lot of space. The more clutter you have in your home the smaller it will appear to them. Clean out your closets, cupboards, and garage. It’s a good idea to purge prior to moving anyways, you don’t want to lug boxes full of thing you never use to your new home.
- Set your table. Another simple fix is to set your dining room table. This can make your home much more inviting. Place some small arrangements on your table.
- Clean Flooring. Make sure your floors are thoroughly cleaned. Steam-clean carpeted areas, and you may want to consider refinishing wood floors if they are in bad shape.
- Neutral Paints. It may be a good time to put a fresh coat of paint on your walls. You may love the bright red wall in your family room, but not everyone will feel the same way. You want to attempt to please as many potential buyers tastes as possible. Stick to warm neutral colors, like beige, mocha, or a warm grey (which is very popular right now).
- Choose a New Sink. Do you have a small powder room with a large sink with cabinets? You should consider swapping it out for a pedestal sink, which will provide more space in the room.
- A Great Smelling Home. While you are thinking about pleasing home shoppers eyes, don’t forget their other senses. If you have pets, be sure to have you carpet clean, put away smelly dog toys, and keep you litter box clean.
- Don’t Forget Your Backyard. Don’t put all your effort on the interior of your home. Stage your backyard, patio or balcony with a patio set. Make sure you garden is well kept and the pool is sparkling clean.
Have you sold a home recently? Do you have another great tip to staging a home? We’d love to hear what has worked for you!